http://www.montrelmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pcard1-696×1024.jpg 696w, http://www.montrelmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/pcard1.jpg 1275w” sizes=”(max-width: 122px) 100vw, 122px” />
Montrel Maurice Miller is an actor and has been in the entertainment industry since 2007. He was born in Newton, Georgia. Many of the values he developed growing up in rural Georgia-such as hard work, love of family, and persistence- have helped his development as an actor.
The youngest of 4 sons, Montrel wanted to be a lawyer. Acting was never in the plans. He did, however, always have the innate ability to entertain and deeply connect with those around him, so he was destined to be in the world of entertainment. In high school, he played basketball and also graduated salutatorian of his class. He attended Florida A&M University, majoring in Agribusiness. While in college, he became interested in acting. After graduating with Summa Cum Laude honors, he moved to Atlanta to pursue his acting career.
In 2012, he made his film debut with a supporting role in Unconditional starring Michael Ealy and Lynn Collins and his television debut in Tyler Perry’s House of Payne, playing the recurring role of “Rashard”. In 2014, Montrel landed a role in the Academy Award nominated film Selma. Also in 2014, Montrel booked a role on Resurrection and he landed a supporting role in Coffee Shop, alongside Laura Vandervoort, Jon Lovitz, and Kevin Sorbo. In 2016, Montrel starred in the Golden Globe and Emmy award winning show Atlanta. In 2017, he starred in the CBS drama series NCIS: New Orleans. Some of his other notable works include Being Mary Jane, Papa starring Yong-woo Park, Nice Guy, also starring Miguel A. Núñez Jr., Grammy nominee D. Woods’ music video for her single “2 The Bottom”, Wonderland starring Grammy nominee pop singer Natasha Bedingfield, and over 25 commercials, including NBA, Coca Cola, Ford, Delta, and Toyota. Montrel has a deep love for theatre and feels it it the purest form of acting. Some plays he’s performed in are Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Taming of the Shrew, A Few Good Men, and A Streetcar Named Desire.
Montrel’s respect and passion for acting is very prevalent in all of his roles. His appeal and genuine spirit make him a very likable individual. He always states he enjoys acting because it “allows me to become someone else, while remaining myself.” Montrel looks forward to continuing his development as an actor, serving as an inspirations to those inside and outside the entertainment industry.
– Pledged the Beta Nu Chapter of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Incorporated while in college.
– Nickname is “Trel”.
– Enjoys playing ping pong, basketball, and chess.
– His favorite quote is from his Mother: “Always love others as Christ loves us.”
– Won the first Mr. Senior Pageant at Florida A&M University.
– Has been told he looks like Martin Lawrence, Jaleel White, Tiger Woods, Jackie Long, and Fabolous.
– Is a Los Angeles Lakers, Atlanta Falcons, and Atlanta Braves fan.
– Known for his parody videos, especially his spoofs of Diddy.
– Loves music. Some of his favorite artists are Michael Jackson, The Temptations, Bruno Mars, Passenger, Brian McKnight, Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, Kenny G, Adele, Boyz II Men, Maroon 5, Babyface, Celine Dion, Chris Brown, Kanye West, Drake, Tupac, Jay Z, Nas, T.I., and Fabolous.
– Wants Brian McKnight to perform at his wedding.
– Is a vegetarian.
– Favorite color is burgundy.
– Almonds are his favorite snack food.
– Was present at the 2009 NBA Finals game in Orlando, FL, when the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Orlando Magic to win their 15th Championship.
– Has been known to be a “momma’s boy”.
– Has seafood phobia.
– Some of his favorite actors/actresses are Johnny Depp, Denzel Washington, Leonardo DiCaprio, Daniel Day-Lewis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Ealy, Tom Hanks, Scarlett Johansson, Sean Penn, Hilary Swank, Nate Parker, Sidney Poitier, Will Smith, Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Ryan Reynolds, Sandra Bullock, and Martin Lawrence.
– His favorite sweets are chocolate cookies and whip cream.
– Was born on a Wednesday at 1:09 pm-EST.
– Favorite sitcoms of all-time is Martin and Seinfeld. Favorite drama series are The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire.
– First car was a 1986 Chevrolet Caprice Classic.
– First time riding on an airplane was at the age of 22.
– Some of his favorite comedians are Chris Rock, Martin, Eddie Murphy, Richard Pryor, and Seinfeld.
– Learned how to drive at the age of 11.